Ok, the truth is, whether on a big or a small scale is Fundraising very hard work!
Why do we need the money?
Well to organise for just one person to ride for one session costs us approximately £17.
How much we here you cry? Yes it really does cost that much, that’s because for each of these sessions we must pay for
- hire of the horse or pony (including its tack)
- hire of the Instructor
- hire of the Arena
- provision of hard hat, Wellingtons and waterproofs if required
To be honest the list above is just the basics, if you can imagine multiplying the above cost by all the happy people who ride each year, then adding in all the other hidden costs such as electricity, telephone, administrators wages, competition fees, new equipment, need we go on???
Seriously though, our Group members have a lot of fun but it does cost an ever increasing amount of money each year as the groups expands and prices rise annually – the good news is you can help!
You Can Help
Getting involved in fundraising for the Group is easy to do - any amount raised, large or small is gratefully received and put to good use.
Maybe you could help with the following?
- Sponsor a horse or pony (see our Horses page to meet our hardworking equines)
Sponsored Activity maybe you are a keen sportsperson or just fancy a challenge? How about next time you are running a 10k or doing a challenge or some other event you will think of us, and get sponsored to raise some funds on our behalf?
- Good at baking, just like eating cakes and having a wee chinwag – why not run a coffee morning, or a car boot sale, or have stall at a local day? This can be a great fun day and could raise a few hundred pounds, which provides for a lot of happy riders!
- Collecting tins are available for use in workplaces, cafes, shops etc – you tell us where you want it – we will drop it off and collect it when it is full
- Make a Donation, either personally or perhaps for a friend or relatives alternative birthday or Christmas present.
- Sponsor a Group
- Gift a piece of Equipment, as you can imagine we use may Wellingtons, waterproofs and hardhats each day, but we also need games equipment, assorted mounting blocks, specialist stirrups and other pieces of tack on an ongoing basis, if you want to buy it yourself we can advise on specifications or you can send us a donation specifically for a certain item
- Donate a Prize, throughout the year our Group holds various competitions, raffles, quizzes and parties to raise funds (see our Events page) and we are always grateful for any prize donation large or small and it goes without saying that we’d love you to come along and join in the fun!
- Become a Friend, in return for or a small donation each year you will be added to our list of friendly supporters (yes we will be developing a web page dedicated to all of you in the near future), this means we will send you out our Newsletters and Events notifications to keep you up to date with all our activities, all we ask is that your donation be a minimum of £25 per year.
- Business Sponsors